For the presentation of any complaints, you can use the following channels:
- through the form on this page;
- by e-mail to the addresses below;
- by registered mail to the addresses below.
You can send your complaint in Italian and in English.
You can also lodge the complaint using the appropriate form downloadable from this page in a printable format or in paper format at the ticket offices and on board the ships.
If you decide not to use the appropriate form, we remind you that the complaint must contain the following minimum elements:
- identification references of the user (name, surname, contact details) and of any representative, attaching in this case the proxy and a user identity document;
- the identifying references of the trip made (date, time of departure, origin and destination) and of the transport contract (booking code or ticket number);
- the description of the inconsistency of the service, detected with respect to one or more requirements defined by European or national legislation, by the general conditions of transport or by the service charter.
If you wish to lodge a complaint, you are required to submit it within two months from the date on which the service was provided or should have been provided.
Within a month of receiving your complaint, we will inform you if it has been accepted, rejected or is still under consideration. The time needed to respond definitively will not exceed two months from the receipt of your complaint.
In the event of a dispute, all customers can make use of the conciliation tool at the Messina Chamber of Commerce (CCIAA of Messina).
In addition, it is possible to file a second-instance complaint with the Transport Regulatory Authority, in the manner described below.
The user has the right to receive automatic compensation, commensurate with the ticket price, referable to the transport service, to an extent not less than:
- 10% in the case of a response provided between the 61st and the 90th day from the receipt of the complaint;
- 20% in the case of a reply not provided within the ninetieth day from the receipt of the complaint;
Compensation is not due in cases where: